Saturday, August 22, 2009

Journey

“Everyday is a journey… journey to one’s future.”



I am Raze.
        I was born at Gen Luna st, San Jose, Milaor, Camarines Sur, Bicol. I had lived my childhood years at Sto. Domingo, Milaor, Camarines Sur. I am the eldest of 4. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. My father is a policeman and my mother is a teacher. Our religion is roman catholic. My birthday is the 7th of November, year 1986.






          
         I studied elementary at Milaor Central School, Milaor, C.S. I am always an active contestant in Filipino and English Writing Contest- such as Pinoy Panitikan Festival, Home Economics Exhibition- flower arrangement, recycling, Science and Cultural Fairs and Exhibits. Physical Education competition- cheer dancing. I love dancing. This is what I really love to do.







          I am a dancer of all sorts. I can dance folk dance, ballroom dance, ballet, cheer dancing and modern dance.

         Of course we all know that folk dances are native dances from the Philippines. We have Cariñosa, Tinikling, Subli, Pandango sa Ilaw etc. I always want to dance or watch somebody dancing. I love going to karaoke bars. I know how to sing but not that good. I already accepted the fact that singing is not for me. Singing is just one of my hobby. I enjoy letting go of my feelings through singing songs that reflects my mood. 

          I love reading especially romance novels. Weather it is in English or Tagalog. Several foreign authors that I admire are Paolo Coelho, Brother’s Grimm, Nicolas Sparks, Stephen King, In local, Rose Tan and Cora Clemente at Precious Hearts Romances. I love writing as well. It improves my communication skills. They say good writers are seldom good speakers but I beg to disagree. If you can write grammatically correct, then you can also converse accurately and with conciseness.


          I love socializing. Bar hopping. Net surfing. I have a lot of social network sites. I have founded a texting clan exclusively for globe as well. It started last March 24, 2008. It is one way where you can influence other people how they can live according to their own lifestyle. Its cool to meet a lot of people. Even though I just appear to be available I am not really available.(Harhar) 
           I took my secondary education at Bicol College of Arts and Trades located at Peñafrancia Ave, Naga City. During junior and senior years we have the opportunity to choose minor courses from refrigeration and airconditioning, food technology, dressmaking, electricity and furniture making courses. I choose cosmetology. To help me groom and beautify myself and the people around me. We get models for our projects like manicure, pedicure, foot spa, hand spa, hair coloring, hair spa, hair cutting, straightening, curling, treatment, facial packs, hot oil, etc.. During freshmen year, we already have subjects such as drawing- it’s a bit of a Drafting Major.

           We studied comic animations, cartoon character drawings and as well as charcoal and oil painting. It really brings out our imagination. We also have various mass demonstration fitness program where we danced either Japanese Parasol dance or Tae-bo exercise. We have different school activities like Encontrada- the school Entrams or Palaro. We also have our school Foundation day variety show. We have theater and role playing competitions as well. I get to play table tennis during Entrams. I started playing it since grade 5. I had been into District, Panlalawigan and Pambansa competition as a player too. I get to wear free uniforms for that. Haha When I was in sophomore year, I joined playing in our school band. It is a marching band where I get to play the clarinet. We have melodies like Stars Wars theme, Michael Jackson songs, Looney tones soundtrack and etc. We play the national anthem during flag ceremonies and we get to compete during Peñafrancia Military Parade. If you’re a band member your tuition is 100% free. At junior year, I was elected school GSP (Girl Scouts of the Philippines) President. I was designated to attend the National Encampment and the 31st World Conference that included 160 countries. There I met a lot of friends.. I hope they can still keep in touch. They are from different regions in the Philippines. By getting to know them I also learned few of their native dialects. That was the first time I entered Manila Hotel. I was exempted at PMT- Training during junior year. I was anointed to be one of the Sponsor Cadet in ROTC that is specifically for college students. I am one of the privileged high school student to be given the opportunity. We competed in the ROTC Sponsor Military Parade. We also visited other schools in the Bicol region and get to socialize with other Officials and Cadets. I gained friends again. When I was in senior year I won the title Ms.Encontrada, Ms. BCAT at the 2 prestigious beauty and brain contest. My competitors are all college level and its awarding that I was able to get the crown. To think that they should be more experienced in beauty pageants than me. I guess I just got lucky or I was blessed.


          After I graduated high school, during summer I joined Miss Milaor Beauty Pageant during town Fiesta. I won the title among 25 candidates. I won Ms. Talent and one minor sponsor award. I danced into the tune of a Broadway musical movie soundtrack named Chicago. I had back up dancers, lifting acts and various sexy routines.
            I love swimming. I love to travel. I love going to different beach resorts. I am a nature lover. I am a fun-loving outdoor person. I love hanging out with my friends as well. One thing about me is that I enjoyed talking a lot. Sharing my thoughts, expressing my feeling. I maybe frank but I am honest. I treat my friends differently more than just my plain comrades. But I get to be choosy with my friends. I don’t want people that will just step at me and crush me into the ground.

         




        I just want friends that has pure intention of being friends. Because I treasure friendship so much. My friends can attest to that.

But nowadays, people are posers, liars, pretenders. Thinking that they can take advantage of people. They say, my personality can be easily misinterpreted. That may be true since I can easily change my mood. Though I am not bipolar. Kidding aside, I do shift emotions easily. I am just emotional, I guess. I am just a normal human being.




          At college I enrolled at University of Nueva Caceres located in Naga city, Province of Camarines Sur, Philippines. I took up Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I should have graduated last 2007 but unfortunately I was forced to discontinue due to financial reasons. I have an educational plan paid for any 4 yr course anywhere in the Philippines but the company filed for bankruptcy and was not able to pay their dues. Even my brother had to stopped studying as well. The company said my brother can use the plan after 5 yrs. We need to pay for it first then it will just be reimbursed. I finished the last 3 yrs in nursing. I only need to re-enroll during the summer affiliation in Manila. I continued my studies last May 2009. Its been 2 yrs since I went to college, the feeling is like I’m a new college student. But this time its different. I am more matured and experienced. I am a better and improved person. 


          We stayed at La Casarita Dormitel located at San Miguel District, Malacañang Complex, City of Manila. It is a well secured site. There are guards at each Malacañang gates. Not just an ordinary guard but a trained and armed guard. We four (4) females are sharing the room. We all have our own beds. It has a well-ventilated room that includes TV, fridge, water heater, study table, comfort room, small kitchen with sink and has air conditioner, electric fan and closet. Living there for a month is really comfortable. Our meals are delivered to our room. Our laundry as well are included in the service. We have shuttle vans that bring us to our destinations and fetches us too. We are pampered enough. We have these hospitals where we affiliated: National Center for Mental Health Mandaluyong City For mentally- ill persons. Hospicio de San Jose Quiapo Bridge, Manila For the care of elderly, special children and house of orphans. San Lazaro Hospital Mandaluyong City For communicable diseases. Philippine Childrens Medical Center Quezon Ave, Quezon City For children that needs intensive care. Philippine Orthopedic Hospital Quezon Ave, Quezon City For general orthopedic medication. We also had tours in: Lung Center of the Philippines Asian Eye Institute Medical City We visited: High lands of Tagaytay Enchanted kingdom Malacañang Palace PRC – Philippine Regulations Commission MOA- Mall of Asia Of course we went shopping in the streets of Divisoria, Greenhills, Quiapo, Bambang and other tiangge stores.


          In sum, it has been a lot of fun. I will tell more in details regarding my affiliation in various hospitals and wards later on when I have more time to share my experiences. My life has been ever active. I have gained friends and avoided enemies. I had failed and still I was able to achieve. I was down but I stood up. I cried for disappointments.
         Life continues to be a process, a habit, deriving me from the ordinary where there are things we seldom discover. I am learning. I am happy but not yet satisfied. I thirst for more. Maybe its usual to seek beyond my expectation but of course I will lower down my standards. I already contributed contents to my book of life, but the pages are still many to complete. I should still live more, get to plunge in the ocean of life. The next chapter will still begin. Once my story ended, there’s a new edition to be published. In every end, there’s a beginning…
          That’s why I decided to compile it as journals. I already have a written journal. Since blogging has been new to me, I was afraid to first adopt to it, but I found more in me when I started this. I plan to write in English and Tagalog. I had again found myself back to my old hobby.. writing. This is the new generation, and computers will be vital in every person already. I am adopting to change. I will make a web log or BLOG and this will always be available in the www (world wide web) and who knows? In the future my great great great grand children will read it.
How amazing that would be… a legacy. My own legacy. Now a name, in the future a Legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment